The newly renamed Architecture MasterPrize was awarded for the third time in 2018. Formerly AAP founded by Farmani Group, the awards are a recognition for quality, innovation, inspiration, and aspiration in the architecture world. Entries from 68 countries were submitted for the main categories architecture, interior design, and landscape architecture, and 41 subcategories. The sheer number of categories alludes to the size and importance of the Architecture MasterPrize that establishing itself as one of the most comprehensive architecture award programs worldwide. The projects that are scrutinized by a strong panel of jury experts comprising of architects, media, academics, and industry leaders have to withstand the set criteria. The jury is looking for a strong integration of technologies, setting a high bar of triggering the imagination of the beholder, and pushing boundaries. Furthermore, they are interested in the materials used, the built forms, structures, spaces, and the design excellence applied in the projects. Although there was a big number of exceptionally interesting projects, there are only three overall winners of the ‘Design of the Year’ accolade and recipients of the AMP trophies.
- Architecture Design: American Copper Buildings by SHoP Architects
- Interior Design: Tokyo Tower Top Deck by Kaz Shirane Studio
- Landscape Design: The Sun Shed Renovation Practice by Mix Architect
These winners will be invited to a gala reception and dinner in 2019 to celebrate their success, receive further exposure to the media where their projects are already widely published, and a chance to receive the AMP Book of Architecture first hand in which the projects are included. The event is usually attended by 250 people. Other outstanding projects received accolades in some of the other categories:
- Commercial Architecture: Kanda Terrace by Key Operation Architects
- Cultural Architecture: Kult – Kulturhistorisches Zentrum Westmünsterland by Pool Leber Architekten
- Cultural Architecture: Théodore Gouvy Theater by Dominique Coulon & Associés
- Educational Architecture: Copenhagen International School – Nordhavn by C.F. Møller Architects
- Educational Architecture: Monash University Learning and Teaching Building by John Wardle Architects
- Healthcare Architecture: Day Care Center For People With Alzheimer’s Disease by studioVRA
- Hospitality Architecture: Freycinet Lodge Coastal Pavilions by Liminal Architecture
- Institutional Architecture: European Parliament by Jaspers-Eyers Architects
- Transportation Architecture: Salesforce Transit Center by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects
- Commercial Interior Design: Noso by Faci Leboreiro Arquitectura
- Exhibitions: Lascaux International Centre for Cave Art by Casson Mann
- Other Interior Design: Setsugekka Japanese Cuisine by Shanghai Hip-pop Architectural Decoration Design
- Educational Landscape Design: Roemer Plaza, Suffolk University by Klopfer Martin Design Group
- Public Landscape Design: Bamboo Gateway by West-Line Studio
The Architecture MasterPrize is an annual competition to watch closely to see exceptional talent, the art and science in architecture and design, and the built environments from around the world.
Soure: photos of Architecture MasterPrize are courtesy of v2com.