The 8th annual Propertyguru Asia Property Grand Final Awards and gala dinner in Bangkok, Thailand, were the biggest event to date yet. On 9 November 2018, almost 500 guests gathered in the ballroom of Athenee Hotel, a Luxe Collection hotel, to celebrate the best of the best in Asia-Pacific real estate. The 2018 Grand Final event united 15 countries; namely Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. An expert panel of judges led by Thien Duong who is the managing director of Transform Architecture in Vietnam and one of the architects in our Global Trends series looked at excellence, quality, and setting new standards in the industry. The judges selected winners in 22 regional categories. For the first time ever, a new individual award was presented: Propertyguru Icon Award was bestowed to Filipino-Chinese tycoon Dr. Andrew L. Tan, chairman and CEO of Megaworld Corporation, who took home Best Developer in the Philippines for three consecutive years, and championed corporate social responsibility projects through the Megaworld Foundation and Empire East Cares. Overall, Hong Kong’s New Development Corporation Limited was crowned Best Developer in Asia and SonKim Land Corporation, Vietnam received the title of Best Boutique Developer.
Other winners were:
- Best Condo Development: Vittorio Residence by AP (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- Best Housing Development: Baan Issara Bagna by C.I.N. Estate Co. Ltd, Thailand
- Best Retail Development: Central Embassy by Central Group, Thailand
- Best Office Development: The Podium West Tower by SM Keppel Land Inc., Philippines
- Best Hotel Development: BSD City by Sinar Mas Land, Indonesia
- Best Mixed Used Development: Zhuhai International Convention Center Phase 1 by Zhuhai Huafa Group Co. Ltd., China
- Best Green Development: The Podium Complex by SM Keppel Land Inc., Philippines
- Best Condo Architectural Design: Attair by Indocean Developments (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka.
- Best Housing Architectural Design: Nim Collection by Bukit Sembawang Estates Limited, Singapore
- Best Retail Architectural Design: Central Embassy by Central Group, Thailand
- Best Office Architectural Design: Gama Tower by Gamaland, Indonesia
- Best Hotel Architectural Design: Sheraton Phuket Grand Bay Resort by Apex Development Public Company Limited, Thailand
- Best Condo Interior Design: Wyndham Atlas Wongamat Pattaya by Habitat Group Co. Ltd., Thailand
- Best Housing Interior Design: LEROY Ruamrudee by Habitat Group Co. Ltd., Thailand
- Best Hotel Interior Design: Le Meridien Cam Ranh Bay Resort & Spa by KIEN A Corporation, Vietnam
- Best Commercial Landscape Architectural Design: Celadon City by Gamuda Land, Vietnam
- Best Residential Landscape Architectural Design: Lavila De Rio by KIEN A Corporation, Vietnam
The quality of the projects, the rapidly changing market environment and the developments in sustainability, green buildings, and the increasing CSR projects, confirm that Asia is the most exciting real estate market. The awards recognized players in the region and in their local countries with the well-recognized trophies. In addition to previous years, participants from Japan, Mongolia, and Australia join into the fun for the first time. The celebration lasted well into the night and happy winners partied and rejoiced in the well-deserved prizes they had received for their hard work.