This year everyone in the industry is on one page and agrees: guests seek experiences and these should be as unique as each hotel guest.Trends show that more and more hotel guests come through personal relationships with previous guests and referrals, so it is doubly important to make the stay at the hotel as special one, if possible even better than staying at home.
The tendency is that guests arrive with their families, friends and even their pets. They want to stay longer, travel further form their home than previously and prefer city escapes than walking in the woods or gazing at the setting sun on the beach. Additionally package deals where everything is included are favored, so one can splurge. No need to pay extra for breakfast, parking, wi-fi etc.Whether the tendencies relate to guest-services or hotel designs all roads should lead to more personalization.
Here are a few hints to adapt and ponder:
- Well-designed rooms with furniture, materials and colors that speak to the guests,
- Authentic art and unique accessories,
- Lightning – more ambiance in the room, less in the lobby,
- Controls via one’s own smart phone,
- Bigger bathroom towels,
- Mix and match amenities such as shampoos, hair and skin care products from different brands,
- Almost coffee-house quality coffee in the room,
- Details such as bathrobes, socks, chocolates on your pillow, flowers on your bed spread.